Filtering Celeste

Adam Spitz adspitz at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 10 20:49:25 UTC 2003

Celeste users:

Does anybody have any objections to making Filtering Celeste the
"official" Celeste?

I sent Lex Spoon all of the patches that went into Celeste since I
became its maintainer, and he's merged them into FC. He's also given FC
a "classic" UI, as well as the more general filtering UI, so if you
don't like the filtering UI, you don't have to use it. (I think it could
use some improvement, but I'm getting used to it.)

The merged version is up on SqueakMap under "Celeste". (The old code is
still lying around, of course, so this certainly isn't an irrevocable
decision.) I'd appreciate it if people would try it out. You'll need to
install MCInstaller and Large Lists first.

I'm sure there'll be bugs to shake out, but Lex and I think that this
way (replacing C with FC) will be easier than trying to merge all of
FC's extra features into the original C.

Comments? Problems?

Adam