[ENH] Object>>asStringOrText

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Oct 11 15:18:28 UTC 2003

Hi diego

I do not have the time to look carefully, but is it the equivalent of
the displayString in VisualWorks?
In VW you have printString for "looking at the object in the debugger,
inspector" and displayString to get a
string when the object is displayed in list.

What is the difference between asStringOrtext and printString? If this
is the VW displayString intention maybe we should
call it in a similar way to convey its precise intent and fix the
widgets.

Stef