Arrow/Underscore vs. ':=' (was Re: [ENH] Display := when pretty printing ( [sm][et][er][cd] [approved] ))

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sat Oct 11 17:39:49 UTC 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 07:15:01PM +0200, Ingo Hohmann wrote:
> >The approved change does exactly that:
> >
> >| This changeset adds a preference such that if browseWithPretty print is
> >| enables, all assignment operators with display as :=.
>
> I guess Ken'd rather have a preference prettyPrintWithArrow.

It's called ansiAssignmentOperatorWhenPrettyPrinting

So, this changeset does a

	aStream
				nextPutAll: (Preferences
							ansiAssignmentOperatorWhenPrettyPrinting
						ifTrue: [' := ']
						ifFalse: [' _ ']).

in AssignmentNode >> prettyPrintOn:indent:

and adds

ansiAssignmentOperatorWhenPrettyPrinting
	^ self
		valueOfFlag: #ansiAssignmentOperatorWhenPrettyPrinting
		ifAbsent: [true]

to class Preferences.

   Marcus

--