[ENH] Display := when pretty printing ( [sm][et][er][cd] [approved] )

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sat Oct 11 22:25:13 UTC 2003

  Lex,

> >   It is true that Unicode has defines left-arrow character.  But glyph
> > to use is not that trivial...
> >

> We already have a bunch of left-arrow glyphs included in Squeak.....

  That is the problem, in a sense.  The design of such an arrow has to
be changed according to the context.  For instance, my Meadow
environment displays the arrow in Ned's email as a full-width
character which would not be desiable in a Squeak code context where
it is surrounded by latin, greek, or etc. characters.

  I wanted point out that a Unicode code point alone doesn't give you
the glyph info.

> Most of the fonts have one.

  Yes.  It is good.

-- Yoshiki