Old removal scripts

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sun Oct 12 15:12:35 UTC 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 10:15:12PM -0400, Adam Spitz wrote:
> Ned's trouble with Celeste was caused by the Celeste Removal package on
> SqueakMap, which was meant for 3.5 and makes no sense at all for a 3.6
> image. Now that 3.6 final is out, does anybody mind if I take down the
> Celeste Removal and Scamper Removal packages from SqueakMap? (And there
> are a few others up there that are probably obsolete too.)

It could be that someone who has not the man-power to move his projects
to the latest version might want to use the removals. E.g. to remove
the tests and the old SUnit. So they might be useful. But the
way they are now presented on SQueakmap, they do more harm than good.

The problem is: This will happen with other packages, besides the
removals. e.g. some small patch-like stuff will be integrated in
the image (or other packages). Do we want to remove them from
SqueakMap after that?

> These days, Celeste and Scamper are well-behaved packages; you can
> unload them cleanly using Monticello.

I will (over the next weeks) move all my packages to Monticello (Sunit,
Tests, Benchmarks).

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de