Stack Morph (was: [bug] Connectors or Stack Morph?)

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 16:17:08 UTC 2003

Hi Alan,

Alan Kay wrote:
>Hi Folks --
>
>The stack Morph stuff was an experiment. The next version of things
>like stacks will not use this technique -- in part because one really
>wants to be able to see and deal with more than one card at a time.
>We think "cards" are the most important part of this, etc. In any
>case, this experiment is not being carried forward ....
>
>Cheers,
>
>Alan

If by "the next version of things" you are referring to the impending
Croquet, then I won't have to worry about it for a while.  None of the
machines that I have will run it in any reasonable fashion (at least
based on the preliminary stuff that was available).  If you are
referring to the underlying Squeak image for Croquet, and significant
rewrites of things that might be usable without the 3D interface, then
I have to wonder how that image will ever get reconciled with the
current Squeak development stream, or if it implicit that they will be
different.

Some of this might be addressed by the PDF doc for Croquet, it's been a
while since I read it.  Just wondering out loud (well, if you use
text-to-speech) ...

Cheers