Stack Morph (was: [bug] Connectors or Stack Morph?)

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 01:00:28 UTC 2003

Alan Kay wrote:
>At 9:17 AM -0700 10/12/03, David Faught wrote:
>>Alan Kay wrote:
>>>The stack Morph stuff was an experiment. The next version of things
>>>like stacks will not use this technique -- in part because one
really
>>>wants to be able to see and deal with more than one card at a time.
>>>We think "cards" are the most important part of this, etc. In any
>>>case, this experiment is not being carried forward ....

>>If by "the next version of things"

>My phrase was "the next version of things like stacks"

>>you are referring to the impending Croquet,

>I wasn't.

I apologize for taking things out of context, I was just trying to
figure out what you were referring to. Now that I know it's not
Croquet, I'll stop trying to second guess you.

The fact that I won't be using Croquet anytime soon is because of my
own choices of hardware.  It amazes me that people and companies can
spend $6000 on a PC and then 3 or 5 years later toss it, when it still
seems pretty useful to me.