Stack Morph (was: [bug] Connectors or Stack Morph?)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Oct 13 06:42:55 UTC 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 06:00:28PM -0700, David Faught wrote:
> The fact that I won't be using Croquet anytime soon is because of my
> own choices of hardware.  It amazes me that people and companies can
> spend $6000 on a PC and then 3 or 5 years later toss it, when it still
> seems pretty useful to me.

As my computer (an old pismp powebook) is too slow for croquet, I can
really understand how you feel. But: It's not that bad. e.g. the current
iBook starts at $999 and actually is fast enough for croquet.

Somebody has to desgin and build systems for this new machines... and if you
look at how long it takes to implement good software, it's a good idea
to design not for what everybody has now on the desk, but what will be
there in 5 years.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de