PackageInfo ... where?

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Oct 13 18:16:25 UTC 2003

hi avi

> I think the only reason we're suspicious of overrides is that we don't
> have very good tools to handle them.

I agree until here ;)

> Personally, what I'd actually like to see is something like the CLOS
> :around methods - so that Package A can modify the behavior of a
> method in Package B by introducing a new entity rather than replacing
> an existing one.

I do not really understand how this would help you. Do yo meant that
you would like to be able to invoke hidden methods.
In such a case (mixed Juice at Ecoop2000) proposed something like that
and this is clearly a change at the language level.

I think that for now we should have a **normal** (without any new
semantical language impact) package so that we can learn by using it.
(of course we can dream aloud...)

Stef