PackageInfo ... where?

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Oct 13 18:29:09 UTC 2003

>>> I suppose you could handle that by having a rule such as:  A method
>>> is considered as "belonging" to only the PackageInfo package in
>>> which is was first defined.  If another package overwrites the
>>> method, it's still considered as belonging to the first package.
>>> This might have some bad effects, but it might be workable.
>>
>> I do not really see why you need that rule. What is the semantics of
>> the unload that you want
>> because if I load P2>>C>>m and it overrides P1>>C>>m then when you
>> unload P2 you should have P1>>C>>m back.
>
> Yes, this is what Monticello does.

so this is perfect.
how do you do that? you check at unload time if you should reinstall a
method. What's happen if I have three methods

P1>>C>>m
P2>>C>>m
P3>>C>>m
with this load order

Then unload P3 do I get P2?

Then can I unload p2? i guess yes if there is no dependencies between
p2 and p3, so I should get p3>>C>>m

Stef