[BUG] Upgrading "SM Package Loader" from SqueakMap

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 14 05:01:13 UTC 2003

Hi,

While trying to upgrade the package loader from version 1.02 to 1.03,
I ran into an error in SMLoader>>installPackage.  The result of the
expression 'installer install' is an SMDefaultInstaller instead of
a boolean.  Looking at SMInstaller>>install, subclasses should override
#install and return a boolean.  However, none of the subclasses do; they
implicitly return self.

What gives?  I see that the definition of SMLoader>>installPackage is
changed after this error occurs (I got through the error by changing
the #install method to answer true, and hitting the debugger's
'restart' button); the new version doesn't expect a boolean from
install.  Is this the problem?

Joshua