Tests were are you?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 14 04:53:42 UTC 2003

"Peter van Rooijen" <squeak at vanrooijen.com> wrote:
> This is because the tests should be in the classes themselves. The classes
> should also be able to test themselves, but that is another issue (albeit
> not an orthogonal one).

If you move tests into the classes, what do you do with the instance
variables of the test classes?  Stick them in the class, too?  Class
instance variables, perhaps?

I dunno, the separate classes idea seems to work out very nicely.  Also,
I'm not completely sure that classes and test suites should be in a
one-to-one relationship.   For example, a single URLTestCase class could
by itself do a good job of testing the majority of the URL classes.

-Lex