[BUG]CodeLoader(Object)>>error: - Trying to use a startup script in 3.6

Nick Brown nickbrown at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 14 10:26:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:02:30 +0100, "Nick Brown" <nickbrown at fastmail.fm>
said:
> I have also found that the script runs perfectly if Squeak is launched
> from a windows shortcut, or if it is lauched from a cygwin bash prompt,
> although in both cases only local names for the script work, fully
> qualified names do not - producing the same error.

Oops. Not quite.

The situaltion appears to be the following: (for me at least)

-If Squeak cannot find the specified script, it produces the error.
-Fully qualified names for scripts never work.
-The script will only be found if it is in the root folder of the drive
on which Squeak is running, i.e. if Squeak is in c:\squeak\ then the
script must be in c:\ in order to be found. If Squeak is in u:\squeak\
then the script must be in u:\
-The above holds true whether invoking the script from the Windows
command prompt, Cygwin bash prompt, or from a Windows shortcut.
-Squeak's ability to find the script is not influenced by whether the
script is in a directory which is included in the PATH environment
variable.

I also note that when firing up a FileList2 in 3.6, no folder is selected
as default. Previously, FileList2 would open on the folder containing
Squeak (presumably the folder returned by FileDirectory default).
Co-incidence?

In 3.6,  FileList(1) still has the correct behavour, and opens on the
folder containing Squeak. I tried switching off the FileList2 preference,
saving the image, quiting, then trying to invoke a script from the same
folder as squeak. Sadly this made no difference.

-Nick Brown

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Consolidate POP email and Hotmail in one place