[BUG]CodeLoader(Object)>>error: - Trying to use a startup script in 3.6

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Oct 14 15:40:06 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 3:26 am, Nick Brown wrote:
> I also note that when firing up a FileList2 in 3.6, no folder is selected
> as default. Previously, FileList2 would open on the folder containing
> Squeak (presumably the folder returned by FileDirectory default).
> Co-incidence?

This should work. It does on my Windows XP machine, in the directory
	C:\Squeak\3.6

when the image is in the same directory.

where the following is set:

(computer name is ned-tablet)
assoc .image=squeak_image
ftype squeak_image=c:\squeak\squeak.exe "%1" %*
net share Squeak=c:\Squeak

These work:

squeak.image file:///squeak/3.6/hi.st
squeak.image file:/squeak/3.6/hi.st

and these don't:

squeak.image file://c:/squeak/3.6/hi.st
squeak.image file:////ned-tablet/Squeak/3.6/hi.st

And if I change directory to (say) C:\ and type in

c:\squeak\3.6\squeak.image

and then try to open a FileList2 I don't see it open correctly.

If I further query in a workspace:

FileDirectory default             => 'c:\squeak\3.6'

(note that this is all lower case).

And then if I set it explicitly:

FileDirectory setDefaultDirectory: 'C:\Squeak\3.6'

and then open a FileList2 it works fine.

This sounds like a bug with the FileList that I fixed some time ago. Perhaps
that fix has not yet made it into the image.

> In 3.6,  FileList(1) still has the correct behavour, and opens on the
> folder containing Squeak. I tried switching off the FileList2 preference,
> saving the image, quiting, then trying to invoke a script from the same
> folder as squeak. Sadly this made no difference.

They aren't connected. I think what's happening is that the processing of the
command-line arguments is wrong; they aren't getting converted into the right
file:// urls.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com