"urgent" fixes for your SMBase

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 15 09:53:37 UTC 2003

Hi Daniel and all!

Attached some urgent fixes - merge them into your SMBase fork. Also
revised your script:

SMSqueakMap default installPackageNamed: 'VersionNumber'.
SMSqueakMap default installPackageNamed: 'MCInstaller'.
SMSqueakMap default installPackageNamed: 'Monticello'.
MczInstaller installStream: (HTTPClient httpGet:
'http://modules.squeakfoundation.org/People/dvf/Packages/SMBase-dvf.14.m
cz').
MczInstaller installStream: (HTTPClient httpGet:
'http://modules.squeakfoundation.org/People/dvf/Packages/SM-Loader-dvf.7
.mcz').

"If you are still using version SMBase-dvs.14 above, file in changeset
in this message now!"

"Now delete the sm subdirectory for the image you're running this on"
SMSqueakMap default initializeOn: 'sm'.
SMLoader open.

--------

The net effect is:

- Info about previously installed packages isn't lost.
- Silly old bug in #installedVersionOf: "refixed" to that smartVersion
works.
- Installing packages work. :-) Now they end up as being properly marked
as installed.
- SMSqueakMap class>>recreateInstalledPackagesFromChangeLog now also
works.

regards, Göran

PS. I am looking at your 14 version as a changeset compared to version
2. I will integrate the stuff that I think is "correct" in SM2. :-)