[BUG]UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Oct 16 14:11:54 UTC 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 3:23 am, Nathanael Schärli wrote:
> - We change the compiler so that the principle of locality also applies
> to class vars vs. globals (and not only to inst vars vs. temps). This
> means that within a class and a metaclass, all available class vars (no
> matter whether they were defined in the class or a superclass) shadow
> globals.
> - We make sure that it is not possible to define a class var that
> shadows a global.
> - We make sure that the system warns about conflicts between class vars
> and globals whenever a change in the system (e.g., filing in a class or
> creating a global) causes shadowing between a class var and a global.
> - We add a mechanism to scan the system for shadowing of globals or inst
> vars.
>
> What do you guys think? Is there anything I am missing?
> Nathanael

Sounds good to me, as long as the notifications happen only when run from the
UI.

We need to be able to load code programmatically without bothering the user.

We have a problem now with various things popping up requestors and
confirmation dialogs during file-in when they really shouldn't.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com