Polling Mousemovent over Serial Port

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Oct 20 17:43:04 UTC 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 10:24 am, Jan Fietz wrote:
> Now i want to try to get the infomation over the serial port out of the
> mouse, but i don´t know the way i should do this.
> I have seen the system-serialport class and try it but it doesent work :( .
> I´m working with windowsxp system.
> Can anyone help me with this problem.

You will have to initialize both the mouse and the serial port for the desired
protocol.

http://www.epanorama.net/links/pc/interface.html#mouse
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/mouse.html

You will have to set both the RTS and DTR lines to a positive voltage,and (I
think) also have to toggle one of them negative and back positive to
initialize the mouse.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com