mac mpeg plugin 3.6.x update needed...

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Oct 21 12:48:24 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:29:02PM -0700, John M McIntosh wrote:
> Someone pointed out to me that the mpeg plugins found in the
> Squeak3.6-5424-MacOS-Full.sit file
> are old and need to be updated to the versions that are in the 3.6
> folder.
> This applies to both the classic and carbon ones.
>
> The ones being shipped in the full stuffit file  are dated from May of
> 2002.
> They new ones, which are MUCH faster, are from July of 2003.

Sorry, my fault. I just grabbed the latest released 3.5 stuff...
I will rebuild the archive.

> I'm sure I saw a note from Bruce saying he's away, mmm so who is
> minding the store?

No idea.. I can put the full.sit somewhere for people to download,
but I have no passwd for uploading to the main ftp site...

> Lastly someone also told me they can't get the VM in that sit file to
> run,
> so some of you might want to try what's shipping to see if there are in
> fact some issues?
> Mind it works for me.

This is the normal (latest 3.5) vm... nothin changed. Nevertheless, I will
re-download the latest one to be sure before building the archive.

Question: is the 3.6 vm ready for release? I'm running 3.6beta3 without a
problem. Maybe we should include this when rebuilding the full.sit?

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de