[BUG][Unix] ctime and mtime entries swapped in DirectoryEntry

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 22 10:32:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 09:33:24PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> It looks as if the creationTime and modificationTime values that we get from
> the directory listing primitive are backwards.
>
> Linux, 3.6g-2 VM.

Looks OK to me (on Linux, 3.6g-2 VM). My /etc/hosts shows a creationTime earlier
than modificationTime as expected.

Note that there is room for editorial discretion here. Unix file systems think
in terms of time of last acess, time of last modification, and time of last
change to a file. Squeak thinks in terms of creationTime and modificationTime.
Win32 has a different opinion, and MacOS and RiscOS no doubt have their own
points of view.

If you need direct access to the stat(2) call, see DirectoryPlugin on Squeak
Map, and look at DirectoryPlugin class>>stat:, and DirectoryPlugin class>>getEntry:.
Ian has included the plugin with the VM, so no need to build it.

Dave