Serial ports onOS X

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Oct 22 17:09:14 UTC 2003

Hi, John -

A lot of water over the dam.  Anyway, I'm finally back working on the
weather station and wanting serial ports on Mac OS X.  The truth is
that I never got a chance to check your stuff out carefully.

I just got what I think are your latest files
(SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle  and
EnhancedSerialPorts-JMM.9.cs.gz), dropped the plugin into my VM
folder and then tried to file in the Squeak code.  I immediately ran
into problems with classes that had been renamed in the fileIn.  Did
you ever try filing that file into a vanilla system?  I'm using
3.6-5423, but I think the problems I had would happen in any Squeak.
Would you be willing to look at it?

I'm all set up to test here, with a Keyspan converter on USB, and
their latest OS-X driver, and the Mac hardware analyzer even sees it
there.  I think a small amount of hand-holding would allow me to at
least try it out and maybe even use it seriously at last.

Look forward to seeing you at OOPSLA

	- Dan