Two 3.6 issues

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Oct 24 18:33:26 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:37:33PM +0200, ducasse wrote:
> Hi richard
>
> I used for my book an old changeset you submitted for Array2D. Do you
> mean that we should replace
> the current Array2D which is ugly and a big hack by your submission.
>
> Or should we use Matrix. Let us know.

IMHO (and that opinion is not worth a lot, I know *nothing* about matrices
at all...) we should add a matrix class to the image and remove Array2D.
As much as I know there are 3 Matrix classes: The Croquet Matrix, those
used in the physics simulation that was posted some time weeks ago, and Richard's
(from Nov 02). It would be nice to have a standard Matrix class, so maybe
someone will hack a plugin for some operations... I guess this could be
pretty fast if it uses the MIMD instructions that are available on the
current CPUs (e.g. AltiVec on G4/G5).

         Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de