MySql driver broken in 3.6g

ar ly4aegw02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Oct 26 02:58:44 UTC 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:21:09 -0400, ar wrote:

> the MySql driver 1.10 appears to be broken in 3.6g, due to the changes
> in Socket and SimpleClientSocket. (SimpleClientSocket was renamed to
> OldSimpleClientSocket and Socket was renamed to OldSocket). Simply
> changing the MySql driver to use the old classes is not sufficient
> because then SocketStream breaks. There may be more to it but that's as
> far as I got.
>
> Is this a known problem or has it been fixed already?

I made it work with some minor changes. I've gotten back a couple of query
results, that's as far as I've tested. The timeout condition has
definitely not been tested. But it shows that the impact of the 3.6
socket changes might not be too far reaching on the MySql driver.

	socket _ Socket new    "was SimpleClientSocket"

		connectTo: (connectionSpec host)

		port: (connectionSpec port).

	(socket waitForConnectionFor: Socket standardDeadline)
	   "was waitForConnectionUntil:"

		"ifFalse: [Transcript cr; show: 'not connected']".  "commented for 3.6"

I know nothing of the channels for reporting/fixing bugs so
hopefully this will trickle back to where it should.

 -alan r.