Squeak Challenge - Weblog Server

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Sun Oct 26 07:01:51 UTC 2003

The first Squeak Challenge is in the books. I would like to personally thank
the participants:

Avi Bryant
Blaine Buxton
Edgar De Cleene
Lukas Renggli
Mark Schwenk
Daniel Vainsencher

These people all did a remarkable job in a very short amount of time, and
are to be congratulated.

I will be writing up in detail how the project unfolded, the decisions made
during the design process, interesting parts of the code, and course
corrections made during the challenge. I also plan on writing documentation
for the code produced. I'm anticipating that this process will take a few
weeks as there's a lot of material to cover.

I think by any stretch of the imagination, this was a successful build. The
team fought through the adversity of being on the first build and design
teams of a Squeak Challenge, and built a functioning application. As time
permits, we'll debrief the team so we can share with you what we all
learned. Also, we'll post the developed code, hopefully from which we can
harvest some of the good bits.

Overall, the process has been very interesting. A lot of ground was covered,
and it's amazing how close this process was to the development process that
normally occurs inside of a company building software.

Thanks again team for such a great effort,

Jim Benson