MySql driver broken in 3.6g

ar ly4aegw02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:39:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:48:40 -0700, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Saturday, October 25, 2003, at 07:58 PM, ar wrote:
>
>> I know nothing of the channels for reporting/fixing bugs so hopefully
>> this will trickle back to where it should.
>
> Well, I guess I'm nominally the maintainer for this package, but I'm not
> using MySQL anymore, so I haven't been in any hurry to update it for the
> network rewrite. The main issue, of course, is that the driver depends
> on Bolot's version of SocketStream which is completely unrelated to
> Michael's implementation.
>
> Which version of SocketStream did you get to work?
>
> Colin

I am sufficiently remote from recent discussions & developments in Squeak
that I have only just become aware that there even was a network rewrite.

But I guess the answer is Michael's; I am using 3.6g and haven't installed
Commanche, which I assume is where Bolot's version would come in from
because I saw a post from Avi saying that he renamed it to
KomSocketSession in Commanche 5 in order to avoid a conflict with the
network rewrite.

Since my previous post I've done a lot more testing with my change and the
driver is apparently working fine; but I have no idea what would happen on
a network timeout (nor how it behaves pre 3.6 for that matter - it looks
like all it used to do was write a line in the Transcript; whereas maybe
now an exception will be thrown. I think before, I may have just gotten
errors further downstream on a network timeout).

Anyway if they (SocketStream versions) are that different it is impressive
that the driver still works; esp since Avi says that methods like #upTo:
have annoyingly different semantics. Anyway, I haven't noticed any bytes
dropped off my data or anything :)