MySql driver broken in 3.6g

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Oct 27 05:52:55 UTC 2003

ar wrote:

>Anyway if they (SocketStream versions) are that different it is impressive
>that the driver still works; esp since Avi says that methods like #upTo:
>have annoyingly different semantics. Anyway, I haven't noticed any bytes
>dropped off my data or anything :)

That is indeed impressive.  If I were you, I would look at any sends to
#upTo:, #upToAll:, and #match:, just to make sure - those are the
methods I remember having significant differences.

Stephen Pair can probably lend some insight here, since he ported
Comanche to 3.6 and would have had to address the same issues.

It's not that the MySQL package is just including its own SocketStream,
and you're thus breaking every other network client, is it?

Avi