[newbie] Eliminating Morphic entries from menus

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Mon Oct 27 19:02:39 UTC 2003

<mayureshkathe at softhome.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How do I eliminate Morphic entries from the menus?
> open -> morphic world
> open -> morphic project
>
> ~Mayuresh

This menu is in ScreenController>>openMenu.
I think you should also remove the option 'keep this menu up,
which uses parts of Morphic. I think it will not work in a
MVC-only system.
You can easily remove the two entries. For your needs
the method should read:

openMenu
 ^ SelectionMenu labelList:
  #( 'browser'
   'package browser'
   'method finder'
   'workspace'
   'file list'
   'file...'
   'transcript'

   'simple change sorter'
   'dual change sorter'

   'mvc project'
   )
  lines: #(7 9)
  selections: #(
openBrowser openPackageBrowser openSelectorBrowser openWorkspace
openFileList openFile openTranscript
openSimpleChangeSorter openChangeManager
openProject    )

You can also remove the instance methods openMorphicProject  and
openMorphicWorld from the instance protocol of   ScreenController.

The option 'Keep this menu up' should also be removed from
ScreenController>>windowMenu, changesMenu, helpMenu

Greetings,
Boris