[newbie] Eliminating Morphic entries from menus

mayureshkathe at softhome.net mayureshkathe at softhome.net
Tue Oct 28 05:25:45 UTC 2003

Hi,

"Boris Gaertner" <Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net> wrote:

> This menu is in ScreenController>>openMenu.
> I think you should also remove the option 'keep this menu up,
> which uses parts of Morphic. I think it will not work in a
> MVC-only system.

Thats correct...

> You can easily remove the two entries. For your needs
> the method should read:

I also want to remove "Keep this menu up"...

> openMenu
>  ^ SelectionMenu labelList:
>   #( 'browser'
> [snip]
> openFileList openFile openTranscript
> openSimpleChangeSorter openChangeManager
> openProject    )

It give me "Unknown variable: openMenu"
What should I be doing exactly?
I am not advanced enough in Squeak to understand what to do in the above
situation...

> You can also remove the instance methods openMorphicProject  and
> openMorphicWorld from the instance protocol of   ScreenController.

How do I do that?
I know it sounds like "Spoon Feeding" but I am actually a baby... :)

> The option 'Keep this menu up' should also be removed from
> ScreenController>>windowMenu, changesMenu, helpMenu

Same problem again, how do I do that?

Warm Regards,

~Mayuresh