[newbie] How to strip off Morphic, Balloon, etc...

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Oct 28 16:23:31 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:20:53 +0530 , mayureshkathe at softhome.net wrote:

> What could I have done wrong? or forgotten to do?
> Should I manually unload "Worlds of Squeak" and kill its window before I
> go onto majorShrink?

When it goes into that loop, just break it out, and then just swipe and do
the last bit of the method.

	Project rebuildAllProjects.
	Smalltalk changes initialize.

	"seems to take more than one try to gc all the weak refs in
SymbolTable"

	3 timesRepeat: [
		Smalltalk garbageCollect.
		Symbol compactSymbolTable.
	].

This produces a 2.5 MB image for me, in a 3.4 - #5170 image.

If you can't get it to work, I can email you my shrunk image...

Later,
Jon