Exploring Zope

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Oct 28 19:31:41 UTC 2003

Nevin Pratt wrote:

>> Colin's Nori package for Seaside2 carries on this strategy... So when
>> I enumerated the ways that templates suck, it was certainly with this
>> kind of template in mind.  <...munch...>
>
> Hmm, so does that mean Nori sucks?

I'm extremely glad that Nori exists, because some people are very
attached to the template way of doing things, and it would be sad if
they couldn't use Seaside just because of that.  In the grand scheme of
things, templates vs. html generation is a very small concern - there
are much more important suckages for a web framework to address.

But, with all due respect to Colin, would I ever personally use Nori on
a project?  Not if I could help it.  Not because of any choice Nori
makes, I'm just done with using templates.  Nori does, however, have
some interesting unit testing support, and I'd really like to see that
separated from the templating so that it can get wider use.

Avi