ShrinkingSelection

Pravin A. Sable pravin at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 29 02:21:10 UTC 2003

Dear All,
	Can somebody tell me how the following, patch is run on WinXP?
http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/1d659bea-5ecc-4cf5-ac0c-4d8cf132f680

> Hello All,
>       In Squeak environment on WinXP, while selecting text through
> keyboard by using left and right arrow keys, doesn't work, the way it
> works in normal windows applications. Actually there is no way to
unselect
> once selected text through left and right keys. Selection just keeps on
> growning whatever direction keys are press. I am sure there must be some
> reason to this in squeak and there must be some setting to change this
> default windows behavior. I think there should be some option that will
> allow user to replicate all the functionality of the normal windows text
> editor, like selection, short keys etc. Can anybody help in this?

Torge Husfeldt fixed this. His latest patch was posted some days
ago to the list, but there's an older version on SqueakMap, that's
maybe easier to install:

 Author: Torge.Husfeldt at gmx.de
 Maintainer: Torge Husfeldt

Best Regards,