[FIX][KCP] KCP-0102-extractVMFromSystDict ( [question] bug )

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Oct 28 20:22:42 UTC 2003

Hi marcus

this is because KCP item can rot fast as we touch internal features. I
think that we miss it because
an item was accepted just after 3.7a and before this changeset was
approved.

On Mardi, oct 28, 2003, at 10:47 Europe/Zurich, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:06:49PM -0500, Doug Way wrote:
>>
>> I ran across a serious bug after filing this one in... bringing up a
>> debugger triggers an emergency evaluator, because there's a send (in
>> ContextPart>>errorReportOn: ) to SmalltalkImage>>platformName, which
>> doesn't exist.
>>
> Yes, sorry. Wonder how that could happen... I'm sending an updated
> changeset. The problem is now that I think I need to redo all
> the changesets that build on top on this one that, too, change
> errorReportOn...

No I do not think so the other changesets are quite simple.

> It's not nice to mange this kind of changesets that depend on each
> other.
>
> The best would be to approve KCP102, wait till it is in the image, then
> look at the next, and so on.

Not really because this way you increase the chance that something can
be put in between
and you have to recheck everything everything. I would just move in
everything as this is simple and
fix just after.