RV: Asunto: Re: Squeak in HPUX - 10.20

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Oct 29 18:53:16 UTC 2003

Quoting Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>:

> Sergio Garcia Canto wrote:
>

> > Bert,
> >
> >     Thank you.
> >     I want to compile a virtual machine in HPUX.
> >     When I ran the command "make" , the file Xlib.h is not found.
> >
> >     Do you know this problem?
>
> No. I'm not actually doing anything with HPUX.
>
> What did the configure script say? What does the CFLAGS variable in the
> generated Makefile look like? Where on your system are the X headers?
>
> -- Bert

It's been a while since I ran HP-UX boxes... but you have to install X11R6 from
the HP-UX cd's... by default, CDE is put on there, but not the development
headers for X11. That's why it can't find Xlib.h... Also, you might want to do
this from a shell:
    find /usr -name 'Xlib.h'

if it comes up with anything, then use that path as an -I <dir> when running
configure for squeak, and maybe -L <dir> if it can't link properly.

If it doesn't find anything, then X11R6 isn't installed.

--
Brian Brown