Exploring Zope

cg at cdegroot.com cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Oct 30 10:57:49 UTC 2003

 <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> said:
>For example this means that each directory in the urls match a method in
>a view class - for example in method #account I typically check that you
>are logged in and get your session. And that is the only place I do that
>and thus this protects all urls beginning with "/account/...".

Yeah, but with acquisition it's like every nested object gets a method
called #account (in your nested view class, 'self account' would work).

Zope fetches methods from all over the place: up the (multiple) inheritance
hierarchy, up the acquisition hierarchy, and then there are property
sheets. Extremely flexible, but more often than not it turns into a big mess.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo