[Q] mouseOverForKeyboardFocus preference

Hernan Tylim htylim at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 30 18:55:56 UTC 2003

Hi list and morphic gurus,

	I would like to ask you a question if you don't mind.

	I found that inside a SystemWindow the keyboard focus is following the
mouse, although I have the preference mouseOverForKeyboardFocus turned off
(default value).

	Reading the code I learned that the preference is only used for preventing
the release of the keyboard focus when the mouse is leaving the morph's
area. Please note that while I don't lose the keyboard focus when leaving
the TextMorph, I lose it in the instant that the mouse is on another
TextMorph in the SystemWindow (or World).

	Is this the right semantic of this preference ?

	I have always thought that mouseOverForKeyboardFocus on false meant the
classic windows-style keyboard focus behaviour. That is: click gains focus
and the focus stays until someone clicks in another place or the morph is
deleted.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Hernan