duplicateControlAndAltKeys

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 30 21:49:26 UTC 2003

"Pravin A. Sable" <pravin at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>   duplicateControlAndAltKeys setting doesn't seems to be working for
> certain keys. Like Home and End keys in combination with Ctrl. This keys
> works perfectly fine with Alt keys. Also, commands like Alt+P, Alt+D
> doesn't work for Ctrl+P, Ctrl+D. I think this is either bug or unfinished
> functionality. Hope someboy among squeak community will help  me in this.

Do you mean the dupAllKeys changeset?  If so, then it's a design
decision.  Squeak cannot tell the difference between ctrl-C and
ctrl-enter, and I decided that ctrl-C ("copy") is much more important.
To allow both key sequences requires changes to all the VM's.

I don't know what you mean about ctrl-p and ctrl-d.  They work for me.
What OS are you using?  I'm on Linux.

I should mention that I'm using Squeak 3.6, in case that matters.

-Lex