duplicateControlAndAltKeys not working on WinXP

Pravin A. Sable pravin at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Oct 31 01:53:03 UTC 2003

------------------------------
Hello Lex  and all,

Thanks for reply. I am working on Win XP Professional, Squeak 3.6 Full.
For me even after setting duplicateControlAndAltKeys, Ctrl+P, Ctrl+D don't
work. I think all Alt Keys short cut should work with Ctrl. but Ctrl+C,
Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+Z are working perfectly fine. Also, Home and End
keys for navigation with Ctrl is not working the same way they work for
Alt. Like Alt+end goes to end of file but Ctrl+end doesn't. Ctrl+home goes
to first like but selects text(don't know why, this should only happen if
shift is pressed). I think this functionality is either has
bugs or nobody bother to give it. but for someone who is coming from
Windows editiors it's bit of pain, to move to alt keys from ctrl.

Hope someone will fix these bugs for Squeak 3.6 (Full) on Windows XP.
Thanks in Advance.

Original message by Lex:

Do you mean the dupAllKeys changeset?  If so, then it's a design
decision.  Squeak cannot tell the difference between ctrl-C and
ctrl-enter, and I decided that ctrl-C ("copy") is much more important.
To allow both key sequences requires changes to all the VM's.

I don't know what you mean about ctrl-p and ctrl-d.  They work for me.
What OS are you using?  I'm on Linux.

I should mention that I'm using Squeak 3.6, in case that matters.

-Lex

Message: 28