duplicateControlAndAltKeys not working on WinXP

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 31 19:43:31 UTC 2003

"Pravin A. Sable" <pravin at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for reply. I am working on Win XP Professional, Squeak 3.6 Full.
> For me even after setting duplicateControlAndAltKeys, Ctrl+P, Ctrl+D don't
> work. I think all Alt Keys short cut should work with Ctrl. but Ctrl+C,
> Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X and Ctrl+Z are working perfectly fine. Also, Home and End
> keys for navigation with Ctrl is not working the same way they work for
> Alt. Like Alt+end goes to end of file but Ctrl+end doesn't. Ctrl+home goes
> to first like but selects text(don't know why, this should only happen if
> shift is pressed). I think this functionality is either has
> bugs or nobody bother to give it. but for someone who is coming from
> Windows editiors it's bit of pain, to move to alt keys from ctrl.

It is impossible, short of changing the VM, to have Ctrl-End and Ctrl-D
do different things.  They have to perform the same function.  So for
now, the choice is simply which function that should be.  In dupAllKeys,
I picked in favor of "do-it".

Clearly this can cause trouble, but it requires VM tweaking to do any
better.  The simplest VM tweak would be if things like ctrl-d came in as
"control plus d" instead of "control plus control-d".

-Lex