[Q][morphic] absolute and relative coordinates

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Mon Sep 1 07:47:29 UTC 2003

I have constructed morph that consists of several submorphs (circles
and lines) and embedded this morph into an owning morph. The circles
and lines were create with ablsolute coordinates, i.e. as if the
upperLeft corner of my morph was 0 at 0.

Once my morph is embedded into its owner its upperLeft corner
certainly is not 0 at 0 anymore and any *new* circles and lines I add
then end up outside the morph's bounding rectangle.

I can add topLeft to all coordinates and things appear where they
should.

What is the standard way of doing this, i.e. manipulationg a morph
in-situ and contruction a morph ?