How to bind a listening socket to an address?

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Mon Sep 1 18:26:37 UTC 2003

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> schrieb:

> In the VM the change needed to allow binding either a stream or a dgram
> socket to an arbitrary interface address is utterly trivial (and backwards
> compatible): replace the constant INADDR_ANY at line 20 of
> sqListenOnPortBacklogSize() with the address of the interface to which you
> want to bind.

I have to admit that I don't know how to do it - but if I knew it, I would
do it immediately :-)

I want to use it for a little server project; the server is called by a php
script. BOFHs are very sensitive when seeing open ports - even if the
listening software denies connections by itself...

Regards, Markus

--
http://reauktion.de/archer/