How to bind a listening socket to an address?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Sep 1 23:53:25 UTC 2003

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 12:41  PM, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> Attached: changesets for [Old]Socket (for some imagey person to look at
> and fiddle with), SocketPlugin (for TPR's VMM plugins package), and a
> one-liner diff to platforms/Cross/plugins/SocketPlugin.h (which I will
> commit to SF within the next couple of hours, along with the Unix
> support
> changes, unless JMM and/or AR asks me not to -- in any case, the extra
> declaration doesn't hurt even if the function behind it is absent,
> assuming your compiler and linker aren't totally broken).--

This seems ok, afterall the os-x carbon vm is using the unix socket
source code.

I'm not sure it's supported back in os-9, since support for that
version of mac os is slowly being left behind. I
do recall some notes about binding to different interfaces etc in Open
Transport, so I'll look around, if it's not easily doable it
might not get in the classic version, but I don't think it's a big
issue on that platform.

===