Font editing

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Sep 2 04:55:42 UTC 2003

Hi, Markus,

Here's an old technique for bit-editing StrikeFont glyphs that we
used in ancient days to create the custom left-arrow and up-arrow
glyphs for the Comic fonts.  I just tried using it in a modern image
and it still seems to work:

In an mvc project, evaluate the following:

(StrikeFont familyName: 'Helvetica' size: 10) edit: $_

Use the resulting bit-editor to edit the underbar glyph.  Choose
"accept" from the bit-editor's yellow-button menu when you're done.

Then do likewise for the other sizes.  (You'll probably want to do
this for the "^" glyphs as well.)

Cheers,

   -- Scott