Odd behavior with peeker

Javier Diaz-Reinoso javier_diaz_r at mac.com
Thu Sep 4 18:58:17 UTC 2003

I have a simple test function (histogram), this use a TestForm class
which is a subclass of ColorForm (see enclosed TestForm.zip).

If I run histogram1 (which use 'self pixelValueAt: x at y') I obtain
Hist1.png, then I run histogram2 (with 'peeker pixelAt: x at y')
and obtain Hist2.png, these histograms are different, but with
histogram3 which add the line 'self colors: nil.' I obtain Hist1.png
again.

I don't understand why, because pixelValueAt: is defined as:
	^ (BitBlt current bitPeekerFromForm: self) pixelAt: aPoint

apart from the extra overhead of calling 'BitBlt current
bitPeekerFromForm:' for each pixel, I think is the same, so what is the
problem?

This is a 3.4 image (updated to 5170) with the 'Squeak 3.5.1Beta4'
MacOSX VM.

Javier Diaz-Reinoso
Web: http://homepage.mac.com/javier_diaz_r/