Anchoring Objects

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 15:44:04 UTC 2003

jlonglan at uwo.ca wrote:
>I've been working on my little project for a few weeks now..  and I
>thought I was pretty much done.  I created a transparent morph that
>I'm using as a button.  I place the morph on top of an area of text
>in my PluggableTextMorph..  and when the user clicks on the "text" -
>they actually click on the button, and open my interactive
>activity...  except for one problem.  I just realized that my
>transparent buttons stay in the same place, instead of anchoring to
>the specific text.  I feel quite dumb for missing something so
>obvious...  Could someone tell me how I can anchor the button so
>it'll stay in the same spot?

I've been playing with something kind of like this.  I think all you
have to do is alt-click a few times to bring up the halo for the
TextMorphForEditView that is part of the PluggableTextMorphWithModel,
and then go to its menu and select "accept drops".  You might have to
pick up and re-drop your "over-button" morph for it to stick.