[BUG][VM] 3.6-beta11 compile problem

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Sat Sep 6 05:30:08 UTC 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:

> I'm running into problems compiling a VM from the 3.6-beta11 sources
> with my own generated sources/plugins from the latest 3.6 image and
> VMMaker.

The problem is that we don't yet have a principled way of communicating
VMM configuration settings to source code outside of interp.c.  (Although
in this particular case a solution would be pretty easy to come up with --
since it affects a file included directly by interp.c.  I'll send
something to TPR for him to include in VMM that will allow things like
this to be detected by the header files when necessary.)

For now, here's a changeset that will cure your problem.

Close VMMTool, file this in, and start over.

Ian

'From Squeak3.6beta of ''4 July 2003'' [latest update: #5411] on 6 September 2003 at 9:18:23 am'!
VMMaker subclass: #UnixVMMaker
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'VMMaker-Building'!

!UnixVMMaker methodsFor: 'initialisation' stamp: 'ikp 8/25/2003 00:00'!
createCodeGenerator

	^CCodeGeneratorGlobalStructure new
		initialize;
		globalStructDefined: true! !

!UnixVMMaker class methodsFor: 'initialisation' stamp: 'ikp 8/25/2003 00:13'!
isActiveVMMakerClassFor: platformName

	^platformName = 'unix'! !