[FIX] APOP authentication

Mike Rutenberg mdrs at akasta.com
Sat Sep 6 07:26:22 UTC 2003

> I was just wondering if you could write some tests for your fixes
> because like that we get sure that they will not happen again.

Stef,

Here is a test DoIt for the APOP authentication.  The server must
support APOP authentication.  In the default 3.6 image this will fail on
average after 16 successful logins.  After the [FIX] is applied it works
for any number of iterations.

	| ps userName password server |
	userName := (FillInTheBlank request: 'POP username').
	password := (FillInTheBlank request: 'POP password').
	server _ (FillInTheBlank request: 'POP server which supports APOP
authentication').

	200 timesRepeat: [[
	ps _ POP3Client openOnHostNamed: server.
	ps logProgressToTranscript.
	ps apopLoginUser: userName password: password.
	ps quit.]
		ensure: [ps close]].

The 3 line [FIX] is well tested.  I have been using a previous version
of it in my old image for a year and a half.  I am using the submitted
version daily in my 3.6 image.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike