[bug] stack overflow crashes Squeak.

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at hetnet.nl
Sun Sep 7 16:00:29 UTC 2003

Hi all.

If you make a naive class that calls itself:

Forkbomb>>forkbomb
	^ self forkbomb.

Squeak 3.5 on Debian linux will eventually crash, leaving a huge stack
dump in the terminal.

Okay; it's really my fault for making such a stupid class, but I'm
playing around with proxied objects, message sends etc and it's
happening quite often while I'm debugging.

Is there a way to limit the invocation stack to a sane level of
deepness, after which a process/thread (whichever is Squeak terminology)
gets suspended and an error thrown?

Same probably applies to number of processes made by a thread.

mikevdg.