[Q] Move the cursor programatically

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Sep 7 16:12:12 UTC 2003

> Yes, but that's not what I want. I want to place the dialog at a fixed
> position and then move the cursor there. OpenInHand requires an extra
> mouse click and feels strange for windows users.

Having the mouse pointer jump to what users feel are "random locations" is
extremely confusing - not just for Windows users. What I would recommend is
either to pop up the dialog so that it is positioned "correctly" under the
hand (really simple - if you know where to move the mouse you can equally
well move the dialog) or just to leave it alone. I definitely can't think of
any good reason here why you would want to change the mouse position.

Cheers,
  - Andreas