[Q] Move the cursor programatically

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Sep 7 22:13:11 UTC 2003

On Sunday 07 September 2003 09:42 am, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Saturday 06 September 2003 05:15 pm, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> > What is the best way to warp the cursot to a dialog I just opened
> > ? (other than moving the mouse of course).
>
> You don't. You move the dialog to the mouse.

You can just look at the position of the pointer, and translate your
dialog's bounds so that it's underneath the pointer (if possible).

Something like:

| newBounds |
newBounds := self bounds translateBy: (ActiveHand position -
myOKButton center).
self bounds: (newBounds translatedToBeWithin: World bounds).
self openInWorld.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com