[FIX] BlockArgumentDescriptionFix ( do not accept )

Mike Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 09:04:29 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 10:00:35PM -0400, Doug Way wrote:

> On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 07:23 PM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
>
> > Ingo Hohmann <uysl0l402 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> >> How about: ...
> >>
> >> 'This block accepts X arguments, but is called with Y arguements'
> > My favorite - maximum info, minimal complication.
>
> Sounds great to me.  An error message which actually contains all of
> the relevant information... imagine that! ;-)
>
> Although for some reason it sounds a bit better to me if we replace
> "is" with "was":
>
> "This block accepts X arguments, but was called with Y arguments."
>
> Either way, if someone wants to submit a quickie changeset...
>
> - Doug

Thanks for all the feedback in this thread guys,

I'll post a change set in the next day or so.

Interestingly, I've looked back through the method history and an early version, by mdr 10/5/2000, did seem to contain a better wording.  The version after that, with no author stamp, removed it.... ?

Cheers

Mike