(fwd) [Test-Runner Results] Squeak3.6beta latest update: #5411

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Sep 9 20:08:14 UTC 2003

ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Excellent, this is the way to go. Daniel did you get your code with
> tests for people to learn how to write test?
Nope, Alex is on the road, he said he can send it to me on the weekend,
so I'll have it ready for an initial release sometime next week.

> I'm really thinking that having a lecture on writing tests would be
> really excellent.
We'll see how useful people find the tutorial in test format. It might
be good to have a few more kinds of code in the tutorial - right now it
is very basic - only a straight algorithm. For example, it doesn't
teach/require use of setUp, because there is no state.

> Lukas asked us if he can use a machine from here to work as a server
> and I do not see why this would be a problem. So you will have a server
> running in the future ;)
Cool. If there's a problem, the squeakfoundation machine that holds
SqueakMap could also take this duty. However, I think before putting
this thing on a remote server, it would be nice to have easier
maintainance (autodetect the latest alpha directory) and some more
flexibility. For example, Markus' code can be used by a web server,
which could have a simple interface - give it a url for a load script,
press the button, and you get test results...

Unless somebody else wants to do a webserver, though, I'll settle for
resolving the last automation issues, and put it up at some server.

Daniel